Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Juanita the Walrus Goes on a Shopping Spree, Part 1

Today, rehearsals for Venus's winter production (running November 24th - December 17th), Juanita the Walrus Goes on a Shopping Spree, began.

In the short time that I've been stage managing, both professionally and in community theatres, I've seen many cast combinations, from those groups of people that simply 'click' to those that made me want to embrace my inner 3rd grader, raise my hand and ask "Umm.. what were you thinking?" I have to say that from tonight's table read, this cast is definitely in the first category.

It was great to take part in the great 'reveal' and watch the cast listen to the music for the first time (which will be available for everyone to download from iTunes) and hear them give voice to the characters who'd previously only been on paper.

Tomorrow, we'll shift from the playfullness of children's theatre back to the darker world of Molly Daughter. Stay tuned.

No comments: